$24.81 - $33.99 Per Hour
Moses Lake Community Health Center is looking for a Patient Financial Services Coder to join our PFS team! As a coder, you would be responsible for reviewing, coding, and posting clinical and hospital charges. As well as providing follow-up support to the department to ensure claims and patient accounts are processed and managed effectively.
- Prepares and enters clinical charges.
- Prints daily batch and enter into PFS month-end spreadsheet.
- Processes self-pay account activity.
- Responds effectively to patients with account and statement questions via phone or in-person.
- Documents correspondence or account actions in the appropriate location of Centricity.
- Attends the group provider training session and assists in training providers.
- Position requires basic organizational skills, typically to organize own work.
- Job duties require the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to manage own duties and responsibilities on a fixed schedule without the need for direction or assistance in prioritization is required.
- Employees are able to effectively select from both established alternatives and to modify approaches in response to situations encountered.
- Work requires consideration of the impact of work product on other employees in the work process.
- Duties require analysis of information following established methods, not requiring the employee's own opinions.
- Consistently exhibits all of the Moses Lake Community Health Center’s Service Standards with patients and co-workers and contributes to a work environment that is supportive and values the contributions of each individual.
- Ability to prepare basic correspondence and simple reports in Microsoft Word.
- Ability to create, send and manage email in Outlook.
- Ability to access and complete data entry in EMR.
- Fully functional in the use of the EMR.
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel to create tables and simple displays of information.
- Job duties require specific knowledge and training in medical coding typically acquired during completion of a (certificate or license program) in Medical Coding with a duration of up to a year.
- Must be credentialed with a certified physician coder credentialing organization i.e. American Health Information Management Associates (AHIMA), or American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC).
We are committed to providing high-quality, compassionate, and comprehensive primary health care services for the entire community. MLCHC continually transforms our health care delivery system to improve the health of the communities we serve.
If you are searching for an opportunity to work in a collegial environment, serve others and learn new skills join us at Moses Lake Community Health Center where caring, welcoming, helpful, professional behaviors are the norm, not the exception.
- 401(k) retirement program with employer contribution
- Flexible Spending/Health Reimbursement
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- 8.5 Paid holidays per year
- Accrual based (PTO) paid time off per MLCHC policy
For additional information contact:
(509)-764-6101 or email@example.com